Are you “All In”?
When I say “all in”, I am referring to working at your profession to your fullest, and working on yourself to become the best professional that you can be. As a trainer, business owner, and analyst of our industry, there are a few predictors that I watch that indicate who I believe will thrive through the changes that will likely be happening in our industry.Here are 10 Quick Questions to Ask Yourself, and what they may mean.
- Do you attend your company sales meetings or follow up on them if you cannot?
- Do you network with local realtors not in your company?
- Have you recently gone to any REALTOR® event?
- Did you vote in the recent board election?
- Do you read your Board or company emails?
- Do you use a personal or business email?
- Are you working a system of Gratitude Marketing?
- Do any of your gratitude marketing efforts reach attorneys, cobrokes, or mortgage professionals?
- Are you fluent in zipforms (or the equivalent)?
- Do you read industry news, like Inman, Notorious Rob, Realtor.org?
- (BONUS) Are you going to your company holiday party?
What do these questions reflect? Engagement, Professionalism and Drive. This “all-inness” is so difficult to teach. The answers to these questions do predict an agent’s success level, YOUR success level. Do you want to survive, or thrive? To thrive, I believe you need to check your “all-inness”!
Inman had a survey today called ” How serious are you about your real estate career?” The article that led to the survey spoke of the “D.A.N.G.E.R Report”, which identified part time agents and low entry into the field as problematic to our industry. Listen, our jobs are hard! We are dealing with a person’s most important financial instrument that they have, and we should NOT take this responsibility lightly! Ever!
My goal is to address this “Thrive, not merely survive” mindset in the next few weeks, in preparation of the new year and your goal setting efforts. Please answer those questions above and reach out to me with your responses, comments, objections, confessions! I will also be sharing some stories, experiences, and throwing down some challenges.
Are you In? Let’s get us “All In”!