“Run for an election?” The words sunk into the very pit of my stomach. I recently put my name in for President-Elect of our local Real Estate Board. At the time, there were no other entrants, and as the ballot was set, I was uncontested. At the very last minute, another very qualified person did…. So, now I am in a contested election. So now I have to run.
Run is what I wanted to do… far far away! I knew that I could not run away. Why? Because I am a mother. I could not run away from something uncomfortable because I don’t want my children running away from challenges. I have a son and two daughters. They are (almost) 21,20 and 17. So, they are watching. For many, many years, they would watch, and then do the opposite. Now they are listening. Maya Angelo said, “People will not remember what you said. They may remember what you did. They will always remember how you made them feel.”
Go in faith, not fear.
Do your next right thing.
Get out of your comfort zone and into your growth zone.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Don’t be mean when you say it.
These are some of the sayings I have instilled into my children. Well, now it was time to walk the walk. Enough talking!
So, was I successful in my campaign? Sharing what my daughter sent me this morning… I was successful. For today!
10 Things You Learn From Being Raised By A Strong Mother
1. You learn the value of independence. You don’t need a man to save you or anyone to take care of you, you learn by example that you are capable of living a full and happy life without having to share it with someone else. You learn that you can build a home, raise kids, cook, and do the dishes all while having a thriving career. You pretty much learn how to be super woman.
2. You learn the meaning of unconditional love. You saw your mom sacrifice her time, health and youth for you and your siblings, yet she never complained or gloated about how much she is suffering or how much she is doing. She always had a smile on her face and was happily giving more and more of herself. She taught you what selfless and unconditional love looks like, and you know you won’t be able to find that love anywhere else.
3. You learn how to love yourself. You learn how to walk away from the things that are not meant for you, you learn how to keep going even when the whole world is against you, and you learn how to believe in yourself when everyone is doubting you. You learn that bad grades, heart breaks and failures don’t define you; what defines you is how you bounce back from all the setbacks and how hard you fight for the life you want.
4. You learn that you can be both strong and soft. Strong mothers are usually very sensitive they just hide it better, but you saw your mom silently cry over your pain, or stay up all night taking care of you when you were sick, or the nights she couldn’t sleep because something was troubling you. The way she hugs you when you are down shows unmatched compassion and tenderness and sometimes in a quiet corner you saw her shed a few tears.
5. You learn that it’s not easy being a woman. You learn that your opinion will be discounted, that you will be taken lightly when you’re being serious, but you will also learn that you can stand out in a crowd and force everyone to listen to your voice and accept your ideas. You learn that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
6. You learn never to look back. You learn to let all the “what ifs” and “could have beens” go. You learn not to look back and wonder why life turned upside down. You just keep looking forward and let the past redeem itself. You learn that everything that happened got you to where you belong even if it is nothing you ever wished for.
7. You learn the importance of patience and faith. You learn that God is looking out for you and your struggles, that everything will be OK in the end. Storms will pass and tomorrow is a new day. You learn to be patient with life, patient with timing, patient with success and patient with problems. You learn that patience is strength.
8. You learn how to create your own happiness. You can find happiness in a difficult life. You can still be happy even if you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. My mom taught me that I can always find something to smile about all I have to do is look closer.
9. You learn that she still knows more about love than you do. Even when you are generations apart, even if you are not fond of her love choices, if she doesn’t approve of someone you better listen to her. She knows what she is saying; moreover, she doesn’t want to see you get heartbroken. As much as I hate to admit it, she got it right every time.
10. You learn how to be a good mother. You’ve been raised by a mom who showed you how to truly take care of a family, who showed you that hard work pays off, who showed you that you can love someone unconditionally. She showed you how to be protective, loving, kind, compassionate, strong and resilient. She was leading by example, and whether you know it or not, you are following in her footsteps one step at a time.
This is from Rania Naim, of Thought Catalog.
INSPIRATION STATION- By now you may have noticed I missed a few days. Don’t worry! I will make them up, I promise! You see, I have been RUNNING! There have been so many exciting things that I have been working on!
RASEM R.E.D Expo! As chair of the task force, we have so many great surprises!
We are offering R.E.D Talks – a 15-20 high energy cycle of amazing presenters. Would you like to be one? Explore here! BBM will be giving each presenter a marketing bundle with video, photos and audio MP4. We all need these if we want to share and elevate our peers from onstage!
The Beta test group of Just You Be YOU Authentic Branding ecourse just started! Susan Gorden Ryan and Kevin Thompson are heading this one up! They have added a new layer of coolness and contribution!
Agent Rising Real Estate School just starts from the top of Prelicensing! Remember, we have open enrollment if you think this may be for you! Dawn Vicari Devlin and Marie Greany have been working on all kinds of value adds for you!
Linda Kody and I are getting ready for our All New Seller Agency at MAR Trade Show and Conference. It is going to be simply amazing! We will be representing Agent Rising Constantly Evolving Continuing Education! Go to the Conference for this and MORE!
Please stay tuned~ Pick what is interesting to you and leave the rest!
Be BOLD! Be awesome! Be YOU!
Let’s face it. We don’t like to look at ourselves. We hate hearing our own voice. We definitely want to avoid video ourselves if we can help it.
What if I told you…
1.8 Million Words~
That’s the value of one minute of video, according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
That’s the number of Internet users who watch online video each day.
by Andrew Follett, the Founder and CEO at Video Brewery
51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.(this is from HubSpot January 13, 2016 By Jesse Miwanny)
But! You complain! I do NOT like how I look, and I cannot bear how I sound! Is this you? Can I offer a solution? Join us at www.justyoubeyou.com and start a 21 day FREE ecourse to start celebrating you, create your authentic brand, and create a course of action that works for you!
You have NOTHING to lose but shame, fear and uncertainty!
I am sharing one of my first videos from 4 years ago. Progress…. not perfection!
INSPIRATION STATION: It’s Fun Friday! I hope that in all of our busy-ness, we are taking time to appreciate the small things! This morning, I did a bit of video blogging (vlogging) and I thought I would share with you all my thoughts on our BOLDIES~ that would be the BOLD Moves Real Estate Professionals.
So, what is the takeaway? I don’t know… I just wanted to let you know what I say about you all behind your back! Thank you for all of your hard work, for taking part in 100 days to BOLDness, and giving me that ‘moment’!
Love you all!!
Being BOLD means being brave enough to… just do it anyways!
What would you do if you could not fail? When you dance, do you really dance like no one is watching?
I am sharing a video/live stream I put out there during the Olympics. Please watch, think, share and comment.
I believe that we need to do what we love, what we want to try, and get over ourselves already! Can we step away from this fear?!
In these 100 Days Of BOLDness…. let’s try to shed our fears, and act as if we cannot fail!
We can do this! Big success!
Would you like these daily to your email inbox? CLICK HERE